The Karen Ann II is a 2002 custom built 35' downeast sportfishing vessel.
Designed by Willis Beal and built by RP Boat Shop in Steuben, Maine, she is powered by a 420 HP Caterpillar diesel and turns a 26 x 24 4-blade Nibral wheel.
The Karen Ann II gets you to the fishing grounds quickly and comfortably with a top speed of near 22 kts.
The Karen Ann II was custom designed to specialize in wreck fishing for sea bass and tog (blackfish).
Features include a 3/4 walk-around design to maximize fishability and a custom dual anchor setup.
The extra rail space along with her full beam makes for an excellent drifting platform, and her large cockpit with wide transom is great for trolling, as well.
In the wheelhouse and cabin down forward, which was custom designed by Capt. Adam and finished by Sargent's Custom Boats in Milbridge, Maine, you will find -
- Heated cabin and wheelhouse
- Fully enclosed head
- Microwave oven
- Seating accomodations for up to 6 passengers
- Spacious forward bunks
To help find the fish and ensure safe travels to and from the fishing grounds, the Karen Ann II is equipped with the latest in modern electronics and safety equipment, including -
Fishfinding / Navigation
Communications / Safety
- Furuno 10" Commercial Color Sounder
- Furuno GPS/DGPS/WAAS Receiver
- Furuno 10" Color Chartplotter, 4kW 36nm Radar & Sounder
- Simrad Robertson Commercial Autopilot
- Icom VHF (w/DSC)
- Satellite Phone
- ACR 406 MHz GPS EPIRB
- 6-Person Liferaft (USCG/SOLAS Pyrotechnics Equipped)
- USCG Type I Offshore Life Vests (w/lights & whistles)
- Emergency Handheld VHF, GPS & Personal EPIRB / Strobe Light
To learn more about the Karen Ann II, take a virtual tour, view an interactive slide show (photos courtesy of Capt. Steve Bent) or read about the building of the Karen Ann II.
To book your next trip aboard this fabulous New Jersey charter boat, e-mail or contact Capt. Adam today!